University House Midtown



What does the rent include?


What is an individual lease?


Are the apartments furnished?


What floor plans do you have?


Is there a deposit? Any other fees due at lease signing?


How long is the lease term?


When is move in day?


Is there a roommate matching service?


Can I request a specific apartment?


Do I have to pay for parking?

More FAQs

What is a guarantor?

Since most residents are full-time students, a guarantor is needed to get your lease agreement approved. A guarantor can be one of your parents, aunt, uncle, older sibling, etc. All residents go through a background screening and guarantors go through a credit check. The income requirement for a guarantor is 4.5 times the monthly rental amount. Your guarantor is not needed in person to sign your lease at University House, we can send the paperwork to guarantors electronically.

Can I sign a lease without a guarantor?

Yes, you can sign a lease agreement without a guarantor. If you plan to qualify on your own, you have to make and document that you earn three times the monthly rental amount per month. You will also have to pass the background and credit check based upon our rental criteria.

What paperwork is required to secure a room/apartment at University House?

Since University House does individual leases, each resident is required to complete the rental application, roommate matching form (if you know who you want to live with and if you are using our matching service), and the lease agreement. We will also need a copy of your government issued I.D. Your guarantor will have to complete the guarantor application, guaranty agreement, and we will need government issued I.D.

Will there be courtesy patrol at University House?

University House will have a courtesy patrol officer in the evening hours to patrol the property. UH is also a controlled access building, so you have to have the required key to access the building at all times. The doors to the leasing center will remain open during business hours.

What is the proximity to campus?

University House is 0.1 miles from GA Tech campus - located on the corner of Spring and 8th across the street from Publix.

Can I break the lease?

University House does not have a clause in the lease agreement that allows residents or future residents with an approved lease agreement to cancel the lease. If any reason if you need to get out of your lease agreement, you can relet your apartment/bed space. The unassisted relet fee is $200 and you are responsible for finding the person to take over your lease. The person MUST be approved before the old resident is released from the lease agreement. We also offer an assisted relet which is 85% of one month’s rent. The 85% of one month’s rent must be paid in advance before University House can assist the resident with finding someone to take over the contract.

Where can I find the resident handbook?

University House will give all incoming residents a handbook on move in day. We also have the resident handbook available online.

Are the amenities open 24/7?

The computer lab, study rooms, and workout facility, will all be open 24/7. The pool area and sky lounge will close at 10pm.

How do I receive mail and packages?

Each unit will have a mailbox at University House, so if you have roommates you will share the mailbox. If you have packages delivered that will not fit in the mailbox, we will take those packages in the leasing office. You will have to sign for your package and present photo I.D.

Does University House allow pets?

Unfortunately University House does not allow pets.

How do I pay my rent?

University House offers many different payment options for you to choose from. You can set up monthly ACH payments, or pay rent by check or money order in the office. You can also make a credit/debit card payment online, however there is a convenience fee if you pay online using a credit card. There is no charge for ACH payments.

Is renters insurance required?

Renters Insurance is not required at University House but is highly recommended. Renters insurance is very inexpensive and covers your personal belongings in the event of a fire, theft, or natural disaster. University House is not liable under these circumstances.

What if I need maintenance is my bedroom or apartment?

Once you move in, you can submit a service request online or simply call the leasing office. If the issue is an emergency, University House will provide an afterhours maintenance emergency phone number.